Tips for good candle use:
I hope you enjoy your candles as I enjoyed creating them for you. I would like you to get the most out of your candles, so here are a few tips to help you care for and enjoy your candles.
- Your burning candle should never be left unattended.
- Keep your candles in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing your candle in direct sunlight.
- Your candle should always be placed onto a candle holder, candle plate or suitable base when burning. So then if you need to move it, it can be in a safe manner.
- Your candle should always be placed away from drafts (windows, fans, open doors, cooling vents etc), direct sunlight or other heat sources, as this will affect the burning of the candle and may smoke & uneven burning. (Sunlight may cause your All Natural Soy Wax candles to melt and reduce the quality of the fragrance release.)
- Always trim the candlewick to ¼ inch each time before burning, as long wicks will cause the flame to flicker repeatedly and will result in uneven burning & smoking.
- Following up from above you will notice when you go to burn your candle after it's first burn.It has a bud like appearance to it by pinching this off, your candle will burn even and clean.
- Make sure that the wax pool is kept free of wick trimmings, matches, debris at all times, and never place burning candles near flammable objects (materials, curtains etc).
- Use either a candle snuffer or wick dipper to extinguish your candle, to avoid wax splatters. If you don't have a snuffer or a dipper, place your finger just in front of your mouth (like you would if you where asking someone to be quiet) and blow gently, this will reduce the risk of hot wax splatters as well.
- Never touch or move a burning candle when it is lit. Glass candle holders will also become very hot.
- Keep burning candles out of reach of children and pets. Although the melted wax wont burn your child's or pets skin, the flame may cause house hold items such as curtains and paper to become alight.
- Place lighted candles at least 3cm's apart.
- Did you know that your candle has a memory?
- This is very important to know, and if the candle is extinguished before a full melt pool (a melt pool is when your soy wax is melted across the entire top of the soy candle) is achieved on the first burn, the subsequent melt pools will not go past the first burn ring.When you light your soy candle for the first time it remembers how far across the surface it melted. For best results, good scent throw and longest enjoyment of your soy candle let your candle surface get a full melt pool before extinguishing it on the first burn. This will set the candles memory and avoid the candle tunnelling down the centre. It will also prolong the burn time of your candle. (Times may vary depending on room temperature and environment.)A general rule of thumb is to burn the candle for one hour for every inch the candle is in diameter. Eg. If it is 3 inches in diameter you will need to burn for a minimum of three hours on the first burn to achieve a full melt pool.